Hey preschoolers! We hope you are all doing great. Check out this week's lesson from Mr. Jonathan. We are hoping to see all of you very soon! Have a good week.
Jason Ralston continues our "Through the Highs and Lows" series with this lesson on the Wisdom of David.
Passages: 1st Samuel 18
Sam Melton continues our series about David's Highs and Lows in this week's lesson on overcoming obstacles.
Passages: 1st Samuel 17
Can't wait to gather this coming Lord's Day! God sure has been meeting with us and it's been uplifting to be in church together. Remember, several new things happen this Sunday:
● The 9AM service is remaining masks-required for the time being.
● The 11AM service and all other services and church groups are operating with a "masks-in-motion" procedure for Kindergarten age and up. Please wear a face-covering to enter, exit, and move, but once you are seated with your family, feel free to remove it for the duration of the service.
● Sunday nights are back! We will observe the Lord's Supper at 6PM this Sunday evening.
● The Connections Class for new members will meet at 10AM throughout August in Room 101.
● Calvary Kids Elementary will be having children's church during the 11AM service and spots are filling up fast. Pre-registration is required and can be done here.
● I am pleased to offer a new option to take notes digitally either in the service or at home. For fill-in-the-blank style notes for the Sunday morning sermon, click here.
Plan on joining us however you can and be in prayer and anticipation for God to move among us. Find your joy today in Jesus!
Sam Melton teaches begins our new theme of "Through the Highs and Lows" with a lesson about David's Slow Beginning.
Passages: 1st Samuel 16-17; Luke 16:10
Hello to all of the preschoolers! Everyone at church really misses you and hopes to see you soon. Check out the new lesson from Mr. Jonathan!
Hope everyone is doing well! If 2020 has taught us anything, it's that plans change and we have to be flexible. We can consider things to be obstacles or opportunities.
I received news yesterday that our guest speaker Adrian Burden will be unable to join us this coming Sunday. While preaching in Nebraska, he developed a fever for several days. He was tested for Covid earlier this week and even though he is still waiting for results, we all feel the safest thing to do is to cancel his time with us. He may or may not be positive, but depending on the news he receives, he needs to be back home in North Carolina if he is required to quarantine.
I quickly considered some other possibilities and speakers to keep our theme of racial unity for Sunday, but nothing materialized, nor did I have complete peace about the options.
So, you will have to listen to the normal preacher this Sunday! I'm sorry....I know all of us were looking forward to hearing him address the topic of racism. He and I are trying to match up on a Sunday in the near future, but his schedule is very full. At the very least, I have tentatively scheduled him for a half-week revival in January of 2021.
I want to encourage you to invite others, especially non-believers, to listen and watch this Sunday at 9 and 11am as we unpack one of the most important gospel passages in the entire New Testament. I can't wait!
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility. We trust that God's purposes will continue to be established in our lives and in our church.
Several have had recent surgeries so keep your church family in prayer. Reach out if there is a need we can meet in your family. Look to Jesus!
This is the Bible study video for Sunday evening, July 19.
Calvary has many different platforms for sharing updates & information such as Realm, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This page was created to host all of the information in one space.