It’s been a while since I just wrote to encourage and inform you about what God is doing during these unique times.
• Many are being impacted by our livestream services. People not previously associated with our church are watching. It’s interesting that we are able to share the gospel with more people than ever before in the middle of such unusual circumstances. (Much of this is because of you reaching out, sharing, and inviting others.)
• We have received emails from people who have trusted Christ and who can’t wait to attend our services in person! (Let’s be ready for visitors when we get back to church!)
• Your giving and volunteering have allowed us to impact our community in helpful and tangible ways. We have provided pizza to struggling families, assisted the local food bank with food packing, collected groceries for Red Bank Elementary, cleaned up tornado damage, and countless other acts of love and service many of you have done for others that didn’t make headlines or a social media feed.
• God is still working in amazing ways through YOU. Be encouraged and keep going! Thank you!
• Another team of volunteers will be going to the Chattanooga Area Food Bank next Tuesday. We are all full for that time slot, but there may be other opportunities in coming weeks if you are interested.
• The YMCA and other local groups still need help in the areas affected by the tornados. Chris put out a Realm post last week with contact information.
• Plan to join one of our Zoom gatherings. Many of you are missing out on the simple blessing of seeing others from the church family to just say hi and hear what’s going on. The next Zoom meeting that we do will be tomorrow night (Thursday) at 7:30PM. Details will be given tomorrow.
• Watch the Kairos teen service live on their Facebook page tonight at 7 and catch the latest Bible study video from me on the fruits of the Spirit.
• Text or call 5 people each day to see how they are doing. Stay in the Word and prayer.
• We are monitoring the recommendations and guidelines set forth by our local and state officials and are hopeful for positive updates that will help us ramp back up to “normal.”
• Things we are considering concerning re-opening are timetable, our testimony, temporary changes to schedule and ministries, and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
• Important: My philosophy won’t necessarily be to open as soon as the restrictions are lifted – we won’t focus so much on re-opening sooner as much as doing it better and in the right way.
• Be aware...things may look different for a while even after we return to church. If social distancing guidelines are still in place to some degree, our choir may not sing, we won’t have greeting time, giving will be done via collection boxes and not passing the plates, service times may vary, and children’s ministry may operate differently. We may have Sunday morning services only for a few weeks. I’m not sure of much at this point because so many factors are unknown and many options are on the table.
• You can really help us by being flexible and understanding. You may not think any of this is a big deal, but you worship with others in a church family that do take it very seriously. We will strive to find balance and reason to our decisions.
• For all these reasons, we are working to assemble a “task force” that will be crucial in guiding our church through the re-opening. This will include church staff, ministry leaders, cleaning personnel, and medical workers.
Stay engaged in what God is trying to teach you through this season. You are truly missed! Please let us know if you have a need, a prayer request, or if there is any way we can serve you. We can’t wait to see you again, and hopefully sooner than later!
Calvary has many different platforms for sharing updates & information such as Realm, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This page was created to host all of the information in one space.