To cut to the chase, the main change starting this Sunday, June 7 is that the 11AM service is now "masks RECOMMENDED" instead of "masks required." The 9AM service is still a "mask required" service. But keep reading please....
As you know, we created a "task force" made up of 7 people (plus myself) to help the church navigate the phases of reopening for in-person services. We have had 4 meetings to review and discuss nationwide trends, Hamilton county Covid numbers, needs and protocols specific to our church congregation, survey results, and creative ways to conduct worship with CDC recommendations taken into account. (I know, some of you are really upset you can't be on the committee....it just sounds like such a good time! LOL)
In all seriousness, it's a great team of people with various backgrounds and opinions and there has been great unity and grace shown in the process. It has been educational and encouraging! In light of loosening restrictions that are happening around us in all areas of life like eating out and returning to work, etc, we will follow suit and begin to reduce our strict guidelines. As always, I appreciate your flexibility and understanding....please keep it up for awhile longer.
Here are some additional thoughts and reminders:
● Social distancing will still be practiced by seating everyone in every other row with 3 seats between each family unit.
● Both sets of restrooms in the sanctuary building will be open for use one person at a time.
● Our cleaning and sanitation methods in between services have not changed.
● Workers, greeters, ushers, etc. will still wear face coverings while serving. They can remove them when the 11AM service begins.
● I suspect that most people at the 11AM service will come because they don't want to wear masks at all, so the majority will probably not have them on. Nonetheless, you should feel comfortable wearing one to the 11AM service if you desire.
● For those with young children, feel free to bring coloring books or tablets to occupy them if you are concerned about them being a distraction. (You are probably more concerned than I am!) They are not going to be a problem if they are noisy; we'd love to have them.
● I hope that loosening the mask requirement at 11AM has a considerable influence on your decision to attend again as I know many of you feel strongly against masks or simply are very uncomfortable wearing them. I look forward to seeing many more in the 11 AM service especially.
● We understand that the next major hurdle in church feeling normal again is resuming nursery and children's services. We are actively discussing ideas and timing and I am hopeful that towards the end of June or beginning of July, we can get back to some ministry to our precious kids.
Please reach out and contact us if you have any questions. See you Sunday in-person or online!
Leave a Reply.
Calvary has many different platforms for sharing updates & information such as Realm, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This page was created to host all of the information in one space.